Sunday, October 18, 2009

Liar's Poker

Liar's Poker
The visionary lies to himself, the liar only to others.He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.In heaven all the interesting people are missing
God is dead.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
He will see you now.
With that I enter an office that's a cross between my lawyer's office and the NASA Control bunker. He sits, not rising to greet me, he waves his Havana at me puts it back in his mouth and bites down hard.
Hello John. It's so good to see you. You're looking fit considering your new duties.
It is good to see you also Simon. Yes and considering the 2 billion deaths, I'm chipper as Mickey Mouse.
Yes, all those good people dead. Were did they go John?
Where all those who pass on go - to sleep - they sleep until woken, right?
Specifically.
Makes no difference to me at this moment. Let's talk Jerusalem.
You were in Jerusalem this morning snowing the Jews, if you don't mind me saying so. Why would you tell them ahead of time that they would believe a lie? Will they believe the lie now?
You apparently forgot the Pharaoh's hardened heart and who hardened it. It's kind of like healing with a touch, it's the faith that heals you. Faith is a key and so is delusion.
Yes, yes John.
And if you don't mind me saying so, you will bring a blizzard upon Israel when you are there.
[Puts down his cigar, smiles] Well John you are an observer to our little stage play. I know you, you know me, why fence around the point without a point? Scared?
I'm always afraid for man. The angels have made their beds, chosen sides. I save physical lives by being led and by finding ways to compress time.
Ho Ha Hee! Save physical lives. [He cackles like a crone] You lost by 2 billion this month boy! And 'save physical lives' . You are careful not to step on your Master's toes.
Your Master also Simon.
We will see about that - boy.
The delusion has you too and your temporary master. How many times has the warning been issued? No matter this is your last warning.
Be that as it may Jolly Roger, you are serving two presidents. How goes that?
One is your better half and is so fooled by fooling that they are nearly psychotic. Let's hope they hold together to finish up the third act.
No worries little man.
And the one you serve?
The beautiful one? He's drooling...
Yes I know, I have seen him.
Indeed, where?
In REM sleep - crystal dreams and visions
What are you turning into John? Is God promoting you?
Your flattery and your presence is like an outhouse, I may need to go to you but I can't wait to leave.
John. You take care now, say hello to the Gemini presidents.
Good-bye Simon
I leave his evil gaze but the evil is dripping off of me like maple syrup mixed with camel shit. I go directly to my hotel room and shower until my skin prunes up.
Cont.

No comments:

Post a Comment